You can use this service to notify the Government of Yukon about your plans for class 1 (low level) exploration work in a designated area in Yukon.
If you are unsure if you require a class 1 notification, check if your claims or grouping falls within a designated area or contact your district Mining Recorder Office. You are also encouraged to review the threshold tables for Placer and Quartz to determine if your exploration work can be categorized as class 1.
Before you start
- A valid telephone number and/or email address to receive your class 1 notice confirmation and status updates. An email address is preferred.
- Claim holder authorization form(s) if your selected exploration area includes claims owned by other claim owners. Electronic or scanned PDF files are preferred.
- Record of agent authorization if you are an agent submitting on behalf of an operator. An electronic or scanned PDF file is preferred.
- Schedule 3 - Notice of water use/waste deposit without a licence if applicable must be submitted by you at least ten days before you commence operations. It is your responsibility to submit this form directly to Yukon Water Board.
- Copies of First Nations communications if you have had any correspondence with First Nations regarding your proposed class 1 exploration work. This is optional.
- Mitigation measures to prevent, reduce or control any adverse environmental or socio-economic impacts that may occur as a result of exploration work. This is optional.
Other ways to submit a notice
In person or by mail
Contact us if you would like to submit class 1 exploration notice in person or by mail.
A note about privacy
Your personal information is being collected under the authority of section 29(c) of the Access to Information and Protection of Privacy Act and also under Placer Mining Act or Quartz Mining Act, as applicable.
If you have any questions about the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information, please contact:
Department of Energy, Mines and Resources
Mining Lands Office
Telephone: 867-667-3190, toll free within Yukon, 1-800-661-0408 ext. 3190