We recently partnered with the Yukon Legislative Assembly to launch the public beta of their new website. You can find it here - https://yukonassembly.ca.
Our goal was to migrate the website to the government’s publishing platform to ensure it meets the government’s criteria for publishing digital services and that they have are on a reliable, supported platform. We took advantage of this process by making improvements to the website wherever possible. These improvements include the following.
- A functioning calendar to present and house information for each sitting day.
- Even more content translated into French. Not everything is translated (for example Hansard) but every English page has a matching French page. We will continue to refine this during the beta phase.
- Updated website design to align with the Yukon Legislative Assembly’s branding.
- New content types (templates) to present a variety of information. Examples include: news releases and announcements, calendar sitting days and members’ pages.
- Improved accessibility.
- The website is responsive and can be used on a variety of devices.
- Legislative Assembly Office staff can now update their website content to ensure it is up-to-date.
The public beta will run this winter. During this time we are collecting user feedback, continuing to migrate content, adding more translated content and making adjustments to the content to improve the user experience of the website.
If you have any feedback you’d like to share, you can email email@example.com.